You’ve chosen a reputable siding contractor and decided on a budget for your siding replacement project. Now you have to get ready for the work. It’s a good idea to understand what the project entails so you’ll be able to anticipate what will happen.
Here’s what you can expect when you decide to replace your siding.
The most important factor involved in your siding replacement timeline is the size of your house. The amount of wall to cover, the number of floors, and the terrain in your area will dictate how long the project will take. Before finalizing the quote, your contractor should walk you through this timeline.
Ten to 14 days is a good timeline, plus several more days if your siding needs to be painted after installation. Note that it will take this much time because the old siding will be removed, the surface will be prepped, insulation will be added, the new siding will be installed, and then the finishing touches, like painting or trim work.
Preparing Your Home
Just like with a metal roofing replacement, there are some things you should do to prepare your home.
- Trim foliage and trees that are too close to your home. Trim the grass to make finding stray nails and staples easier at the end of the project.
- Relocate your potted plants, patio furniture, gardening tools, your kids’ bikes and toys, etc.
- Remove paintings, pictures, shelves, and other items hanging from your walls. If the wall shakes during the project, those things might fall off and break.
- Allow the workers access to your driveway. Do the same for the dumpster that will be delivered for collecting the old materials.
- Park your car across the street or anywhere it won’t be in danger of being hit by loose debris or an errant nail.
- Make arrangements for children and for pets
- Your old siding will be removed.
- Your contractor will inspect your wall and make any necessary repairs.
- The insulation for your siding will be installed.
- Your contractor will install your new siding.
- If needed, your contractor will paint your new siding.
If you would like to know more about siding replacement, get in touch with Quality One Roofing Inc. We also offer commercial roofing services. Call us at these numbers: Malvern: (610) 489-3057, Newtown: (215) 493-4550, Princeton: (609) 921-8868, New Castle: (302) 656-1618 or leave us a message using this form.